Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Great Deed

Struggling for life-

In the deep water

A Small Great life!


The silent cry and struggle

Which he expressed

Through his gestures

Fell in my ears!

Even though I stood a second

Without starting the rescue

I approached him with a snail's pace

No more cameras, no more channels!

The inactiveness of an eyewitness!

But the SOS message from the sea

Of that halved coconut, shook me!

Suddenly I bent down

And put my finger inside it

Like a rescue rope!

Then I just pulled my hand outside

And let him go!

He went away without biding farewell;

He went away without conveying thanks to me;

May be because of his inability to speak

I won't get any gallantry awards for this heroic deed

I won't get any civic receptions-

Because I saved not a human, but an Ant!

Yes, a small creature and his Great Life

But I felt a satisfaction in performing my duty

Which was assigned by the Almighty!

4 comments:

sarastella said...

wooow //...sir this poem is really nice ...i didn't thought u were talking about an ant's life ......sir in the first place ...sir ...this poem really wonderfull ..:)

A big fan of you! said...

I like this poem.I know you wrote this poem from your life experience.I can feel it.I also find satisfaction to save small great life.I can feel your goodness in this poem.Keep it up!Be a greatest writer in the world!🐜

A big fan of you! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A big fan of you! said...

Sir please update the blog with your new literary creations.We are eagerly waiting for your greatest works.please brother...✍👍👏